Soft cups are just one of many things that you can use to help when you are trying to conceive. For some people trying to conceive can come naturally but for others it can be a painstaking process that can take years and a lot of stress and heartache. The first key thing that you have to get right is when to time intercourse and hence you need to know when you will ovulate to get this right. Many women believe that they just ovulate in the middle of their cycle and this can be the biggest mistake to make.
If you are trying to conceive then there are a few things that you could think about –
- Pre-natal vitamins and supplements including folic acid, CoQ10, DHEA, Melatonin – see this article on Tips for TTC for more info.
- Evening Primrose Oil for Fertile Cervical Mucus (should only be taken in the first half of the cycle before ovulation)
- Ovulation Predictor Kits (so that you know when your most fertile time is)
- A Basal Body Thermomenter (this can let you know when you have ovulated by a steep rise in temperature mid cycle)
- Other herbal supplements like maca root
- Soft Cups
The way that soft cups are used when you are trying to conceive is that you insert them as you would normally (read the instructions on the product and take your time to get used to them). And they may help to keep the sperm in place and on it’s way to the egg. Many women have used soft cups when trying to conceive and have had successful results – whether that be as a result of the soft cups has not been proven as by the time women come to use soft cups they have usually been studying the best options when trying to conceive so they may be using other things to help them too.
The reason that the Instead soft cups are used when trying to conceive is that they are disposable soft cups so you can just use them and then throw them away afterwards. Keep them in, below your cervix, for up to 12 hours after you have had sex and then discard them. Soft Cups will stop the sperm from following gravity! Another tip is to lie for 15 minutes with your feet up and with a soft cup in after sex.
Check out the quotes from women who have used the soft cups and have actually got pregnant – a lot of them actually credit soft cups with helping them to conceive as they got pregnant on the first or second time of using them.